Sunday, November 17, 2013

Instagram Yoga Challenge.

I was recently introduced to Instagram yoga challenges by a group of ladies that I taught a yoga class too at the Hard Rock Hotel here in Las Vegas. First, I was impressed with thier practice. They were very good and all they really needed from me was some minor tweeks and some basics. Otherwise, there were brave, and strong attempting all sorts of poses and tricks. Second, I loved that some had the idea of introducing a pose a day for people to do and try. They can warm up however they like, tailor a little practice and then do the challenge pose. Some are hard and some are really not so hard but, the challenge is to do it. So, inspired, I started following all these yogi's on my personal instagram feed. 
Thing is, I am having trouble. I want to do it, but I do not want to take pictures of myself doing the poses. That is part of the challenge. It is part of doing the poses, to share, allow others to share. This is a huge problem for me. I HATE taking pictures. I am just not photogenic. I have had to face this fact. I do not think I am ugly or anything but, I never like pictures of me. I just look weird and awkward in almost all of them. I am however realizing that this just be why these challenges are so intriguing to me. I just need to get over it. It is just a silly hang up. Who says that I have to look great in pictures? So many things I have done, I have not wanted or allowed myself to be in the pictures so there is no photographic evidence of me even doing so many things I have done. Stupid. Now I am afraid to do do these challenges because I have a stupid hang up about picture. My work it is release this so I celebrate all the wonderful things that my body can do and I am even impressed with my body at times. So, here goes yoga peeps. Time to get over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment