Saturday, November 9, 2013

Something Smells Yucky!

Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! I truly hate it when I walk into my house after a long days work and smell something bad. You know, when you have maybe thrown something in the trash and forgot to realize that is going to smell up the joint like a package that used to hold chicken breasts. Yesterday, that is what I came home to. My husband was home and he just could not smell it. After planting a kiss on my beautiful husbands lips, I bee-lined to the trash and took it out. Then sprayed my house with the wonderful sage clearing spray I picked up at my local Whole Foods. Awe! Right? Going from one of my most hated smells to one of my favorite.
Today I am looking for creative writing ideas. I want to start blogging regularly, so I can master my craft. I have not truly been writing for fun for a long long time now. I just want to start small, right here and focus on what makes life worth living. The small stuff, the stuff we take for granted, like sage spray. Anyways, I came across the idea, 5 favorite smells. Huh? That is something I take for granted.  I mean, I love to smell good scents but rarely am I grateful for them. So, here goes, homage to 5 of my favorite scents.

  1.  Vanilla. I just love it. It is the tried and true, readily available, comes in everything from candles to ice cream, truly nose candy. Who could not love vanilla? Light a candle and it smells almost like baking. It's sweet but not sickly sweet. Plus you can almost add anything to it and it only adds to the splendor. Chocolate, coffee, lavender, nuts! Perfection. Vanilla is a sort of the blank canvas for scent and food.
  2. Dog. Yup, dog stank. It may sound crazy but I love how dogs smell. It is hard to explain unless of course you have a dog. I grew up with lots of dogs. My parents never saw a dog they could say no to. Especially if it was a doberman. At one time we had 7 dogs in our house. Our house wreaked of dog. So, dog smell reminds of my childhood, of best friends, and being greeted at the door by love and lots of puppy kisses. These days I love to lay with with 2 dogs and smell their sweet bellies and of course, I rub them too. 
  3. My husband. Clean or dirty, he always smells like heaven to me. He has a manly musky scent that makes me crazy! Love it. Moving on.......
  4. Lavender. Admittedly, this scent had to grow on me. Now I can not get enough of it. I love spraying lavender on my pillow, to freshen the air in my home, and I keep a bottle of lavender essential oils on my desk at work just for sniffing. It calms me. I like to rub it on my hands and neck. So soothing.
  5. Coconut. This is why all my lotions smell like coconuts. It is sweet but makes me feel fresh and clean at the same time. After my shower I truly enjoy slathering myself up with coconut buttery goodness and I am happy that my husband loves how it smells on me too. 
I am truly grateful that the world is so full of delicious and wonderful smells. Actually, bad smells only make me appreciate the good ones all the more, so I am happy those exist too. What are you favorite smells?

No comments:

Post a Comment